TigerBill's DrumBeat Community Forums™ TigerMix.com, Inc.

About Drums & Percussion >> About You

Pages: 1
Cody
Tiger Talk Pro

Reged: Nov 15 2003
Loc: Wisconsin
Its me...Cody
      #47176 - Thu Jan 20 2011 12:15 PM (76.204.90.27)

INTRODUCTION

MY NAME: Hey Im Cody. I used to be a regular around here.

MY LOCATION: Wisconsin (soon to be west coast)

MY OCCUPATION: At the moment I am a full time musician/instructor.

MY BAND: Tragic Death http://www.reverbnation.com/tragicdeath

MY WEBSITE: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=764675719

MY FIRST INSPIRATION: Uhh...My brother, First drumming influence was Mr Rich himself.

MY INSPIRING/FAVORITE DRUMMER: Well this is a impossible question to answer, but Nicholas Barker is a favorite, along with Danny Carey, Buddy Rich, Gene Krumpa, Neil Peart, Philly Jo Jones, Max Colesne, Horg, Jeff Moore, David Skogan, the list goes on...

MY MUSIC STYLES: Pretty much only play extreme metal anymore, but I incorperate as many world styles of drumming as possible. I also teach classical percussion, swing, latin, funk, rock, etc.

MY SUPPORT/MENTOR: My first mentor was a great drummer Im sure no one has heard, Tim Russel. Another huge support was Dave Skogan, drummer and brain child for Youngblood Brass Band and Cougar among other things.

MY STORY: Well...I started playing in 4th grade band. Did roofing and painted some shark teeth (like the WWII planes) on a guys boat to buy my first drumset the next summer. From there I studied classical percussion quite extensively with many great instructors throughout the US in my High School years. I also played in the Jazz band and sang in the choir. My freshman year in high school my director felt it was good idea (I didnt) to make me play Channel One Suite. We went on to win many awards and I even got to play with the amazing trombone screamer Steve Wiest from the Maynard Ferguson band. Me and my mother frequently traveled to Memphis and I was given many opportunities to play with amazing blues legends all thanks to Ms. Zeno the Louisiana Mojo Queen. And I also started several classic rock esque bands. My senior year in high school I was offered to play with the Oregon High School Marching Band. I accepted and it was an experience that changed my life forever. The high level of playing and intense dedication gave me power and confidence not only in my playing but many other aspects of my life. I went on to play with the Kilties and studied under the great Jeff Moore. During my Corps drumming experiences my bands gradually trickled down to my favorite, Withering Youth which continued to grow in popularity for several years and has now changed into Tragic Death. Now I am trying to make my mark on the rich history of drumming by incorporating my world music/rudiment experience with the intense practice of extreme metal drumming.

MY PICS - GEAR - AUDIO/VIDEO

In the rehearsal studio.

My kit in prestaging for a show. Not really together, but its a Mapex M series 8 piece, Mapex Black Panther Snare, Sabian 16" B8 Pro, 14" B8 Pro Hats, 18" HHX evolution, still rockin my 20" B8 Ride, 16" Paiste Alpha, 18" Paiste Alpha China, and some unknown 8" china.

Rockin on stage.

MY AUDIO - Suffer the Salvation http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_6678613

--------------------
A drummers everystep is music.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TigerBill 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 927

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement TigerBills DrumBeat Home Page